Hub Media is seeking enthusiastic and motivated art director with a passion for design, branding, advertising and web design.
Who are you?
I use my creative craft, understanding of platforms and grasp of culture to solve marketing problems for a variety of brands. Typically I work with a copywriter as a partner but occasionally I function alone. I manage my time effectively so as to meet the demands of multiple jobs assigned by my CEO and Creative Director. I understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution and (based on the nature of the project) am proficient at generating both. I am capable of and responsible for art directing in all mediums, everything from social posts to videos to web layouts, to ad campaigns. I work to stay current with technology and trends as well as seek opportunities to improve my art/design skills.
As an art director, I understand the parameters of a brand’s look/feel/tone and my work reflects that. I know how to handle and implement feedback from my creative director in a timely manner. Once work is sold, I see it all the way through to completion.
My qualifications include:
– Strong art/design skills
– Proficient in the Adobe creative suite. Namely, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
– Comfortable at concepting ideas
– Good collaborator
– Time management
The Ideal Candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in an art related field or entrepreneurial street cred
- 1-2 years of experience including design or artistic direction, preferably in the digital space.
- Strong communication skills
- A strong understanding of the creative process
- Experience with scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- A cool, calm and collected approach to problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong self-awareness and people-management skills
- Understanding of relevant social media platforms and their requirements, ie ad specifications.